Inner Artist Programme
6 Week Course
Participants explore exercises that engage the right side of the brain for longer periods of time. This allows participants to enter the creative zone within (switching off the analytical left side for a time) thus encouraging access to self-knowledge, inner wisdom, harnessing potential, leading to breakthrough and creating solutions. Commitment to the process itself increases. Participants experience an artistic learning journey and acknowledge the creative process within which growth is ongoing.
Benefits of the Inner Artist Programme
- Stimulates self-awareness and self-enquiry, improves self-confidence.
- Promotes self-esteem, enhances creativity and fosters growth in participants.
- Supports well-being.
- Process work provides stress relief.
- Promotes resilience and enhanced ability to deal with change.
- Encourages positive change itself.
Specific Course Aims
- To provide participants with the opportunity to creatively engage on-site as well as begin an artist’s Journal. The aim of the artist journal is that of creative tool and means of personal support/self-care.
- Building self-esteem and self-confidence through Art.
- The Core element of the course is to gain confidence in Art as a means of self-expression.
- To introduce participants to a range of materials and techniques to unleash their inner artist.
- Use of concepts/metaphors that support creativity and foster self-care.
"What put me at ease was working in a safe non-judgemental environment and learning not being critical about our work."
"Now, if I feel like I've just had a tough day or I'm stressed I get my journal out - it's a release; and one you don't have to put words on."
"I had never experienced art at school and was very nervous about the idea of an art class, however, Kim reassured me that the idea behind art journaling is to express yourself and not about the beauty of the piece you create."
" I have a lot of structure in my life, I play football and train football. I am very comfortable on the pitch but there's another side of me that enjoys being spontaneous and free. The journal has increased the amount of time I spend on my art and also allowed me to express myself and tune into this freedom a bit more."
"I find I'm taking more time for myself, I came to the course with an intention to show more intuitively but it actually opened up something more, I'm listening to opera and I'm noticing a lot more, for example in nature and in my surroundings, the process also led me to de-clutter and become more organised."
"I wanted to commit more to my art, I make portraits but I feel the course has shown me another side to my creativity, a freer style of work that is there in my art and that's an aspect I want to explore more."